Rato Bangala School is situated in Lalitpur District of Kathmandu. Patan is the historic city of Kathmandu valley, which was one of the three Malla Kingdom before unification of Nepal.
Rato Bangala School
TEL: 5534318, 5542045, 5522614, 5547620
Rato Bangala School is in Lalitpur District of Kathmandu. Patan is the historic city of Kathmandu valley, and was one of the three Malla Kingdom before unification of Nepal. The school is right after entering the historic Patan Dhoka (Gate).
The greenery of the campus is adorable. It gives a positive vibe to the student. It has specious classrooms. They have plenty of space and the design is professional to be airy and bright. Each classroom has standard furniture. It suits all the age level.
The well-equipped classroom help in implementing the Rato Bangala philosophy of hands-on experiential learning. Seating within the classroom is flexible with the arrangement reflecting the activity planned.
Features of Rato Bangala School :
- Science labs: Rato Bangala has four well equipped Science laboratories where teachers prepare students for experimental skills.
- Library: The central library has a wide selection of books to cater to different reading levels. Practically, from emergent readers to adults. The library has online resources as well as a well- equipped one.
- Reading Room with audio visual facilities.
- Dining Hall: A hot and healthy lunch is served each day to all the students and staff members. A light snack is also served to the junior students in the afternoon. The Dining hall facilities are clean and spacious. Utmost care is taken to maintain good hygiene and excellent service.
- Auditorium: RBS houses a state of the art auditorium that seats 450 people. This is used regularly for special lectures, theater, assemblies, conferences and external examinations.
- Audio Visual Room: To encourage interactive learning our Audio Visual room is well used for educational videos, relevant feature films. This audiovisual room is well equipped with a LCD TV, a multimedia projector and other technical equipment. The room can accommodate up to 60 children at a time. Presentations by students and guest lecturers are regular features.
- Computer Room: The computer labs have a large number of computers equipped with latest software & technologies. It is connected with high speed broadband internet connection.
- Math Room: The Math room has concrete materials. It has been designed specially to illustrate mathematics concept, lectures and workshops for the students.
- Dance Room:Two Dance Room with mirrors give children ample opportunities to develop into graceful dancers.
- Music Room: Music Room is provided to nurture musical talents.
- Art Rooms: Two art rooms give ample opportunity for the students to explore various mediums in art.
- Wood work shop: The wood workshop is popular with the students. There, they learn how to design and create useful pieces of work.
- Pottery Kiln: The school has a kiln where the art objects created by the students in the art class can be fired.
- Playground: Care has been taken to design a safe and attractive playground space.
- Basketball court: Three basketball courts have helped Rato Bangala students develop into excellent players who have consistently participated in national games.
- Football field: Rato Bangala has a football field within the compound. And it also rents one in the neighborhood.
- Tennis Court: There is a tennis court where the students get introduced to the game.
- Garden: Garden space is provided for children to grow vegetables, plant rice, herbs and so on. according to what is being studied thus providing true hands on experience to the students.
- School Buildings: Five spacious buildings provide the facilities needed for the school to run comfortably.
Education at Rato Bangala :
Since its establishment in 1992, Rato Bangala School has provided student-centered education to students between the ages of six to eighteen. The school offers a rigorous curriculum with up-to-date teaching methods, good facilities and trained teachers.
After students take the SLC examination in grade X, they begin the two-year Advanced (A) Level course conducted by Cambridge International Examinations (CIE). Students interested in joining this program apply immediately after the SLC examinations.
Rato Bangala School is a registered Cambridge International Examination Centre. Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) offers international courses, examinations and qualifications to students all over the world. A Level, as its name indicates, is an advanced international degree designed for academically inclined students; its courses prepare them for higher education anywhere in the world.
- Flexibility: The structure of the A Level course allows students considerable flexibility in designing a stimulating program of study. Students have the option of choosing either A (Advanced) Level or AS (Advanced Subsidiary) Level courses in order to fulfill the Level requirements. Students choose the length and depth of study to match their interests.
- Rigour: Demanding courses stretch able students to take a heavy course load for an additional challenge.
- International standards: The program sets a standard for education around the world.
- Recognition: Countries across the globe recognizes the A Level degree. This meets their requirements for entry into higher education.
The A-Level program lasts two years. Classes for A-Level students begin in June.
Eligibility for the A-Level
Students who have taken the SLC/GCSE or equivalent at the time of admission can apply. The main requirement is academic ability to fulfill the toughness of this challenging program. Each year Rato Bangala uses a comprehensive evaluation system to select a highly motivated group of students to join the program.
Rato Bangala School offers partial to full financial aid for exceptional candidates who demonstrate merit as well as need. Students can download financial Aid Forms from the link below. Please note that the candidates seeking financial aid will be placed on a more competitive pool.