merocollege recommended college
Founded: June 11, 1966, Pokhara
Principal: Birendra Khadka
Pokhara Metropolitan City
Phone (Office): (+977) 061-440414
Phone (Office): (+977) 061-440398
Email: [email protected]
P.O. Box: 09
Gandaki Boarding School (GBS), is a non-profit institution founded in 1966 with the motto ‘Knowledge, Character and Service. It is a selective co-educational boarding school which offers its service to students ranging from Grades 4 to 12.
Gandaki Boarding School is a multi-lingual, multi-cultural and multi-ethnic educational institution that incorporates all castes, cultures, religions, values, and languages. It features an inquiry based, concept driven curriculum that provides a well-rounded, student centred programme.
The language of instruction in GBS is English. Students are blessed with the opportunity to express their talents in a variety of athletics, academic, artistic and creative work. The Gandaki Boarding School sponsors a variety of clubs such as Health and Sanitation, Handwriting, and English that can foster their potential. Seven academic departments and seven administrative sections team up to work for a better output. A new ICT Building and swimming pool have recently been added to the School.
Mission & Objectives of Gandaki Boarding School (GBS)
GBS is committed to
- To provide an educational program that develops students’ curiosity and creativity.
- To develop responsible and engaged learners.
- To foster tolerance, respect and acceptance of others.
- To build each student’s resilience and self-esteem.
- To provide a curriculum that is rich and relevant and allows all students to succeed.
- To promote a strong, supportive partnership between home and the school and the wider community.
- To have high expectations of ourselves and others.
GBS believes that
- All students can learn.
- Students learn best in an atmosphere of acceptance, tolerance and mutual respect.
- All staff will set high expectations for themselves and for their students.
- Education is most successful when individual learning styles, needs, and talents are respected and utilized.
- Current and relevant technology is an integral part of enhancing instruction.
- Collaboration among highly qualified educational staff, students, families and the community will maximize the potential of all students.
Gandaki Boarding School in their own words
“We are delighted to announce that we are making the school’s golden jubilee year with a variety of programmes round the year GBS, the only regional school in the nation was established By Ministry of Education (MoE), Nepal with the support and management of United Mission to Nepal (UMN) and local people.”
Webpage : https://www.gbs.edu.np/